Re: [MiNT] Cookies

Hi Peter,
On 17 Oct 2010 at 18:43, Peter Slegg wrote:

> > > Replicating it is the issue at the moment.
> >
> > Just add JARXXX.PRG first in the autofolder and see if the problem goes
> > away. If it does, one of the other apps in your autofolder clearly has a
> > bug related to cookie management.
> >
> > -- PeP
>
> A bug that has remained hidden for 10 years. This is why I want to
> investigate it properly and not hide it with a quick fix.

I've looked at your report of 16 Oct again, and it looks to me as though
someone has overwritten the special end marker in the cookie jar ... if that
"P" had been a NULL byte, the cookie jar would have looked OK.  The last cookie
to be allocated before that was LDGM, so the problem likely occurred after the
program that installed that cookie had completed.  I looked at TOS HYP but it
doesn't list LDGM.

Looking at your report of the 17th, it seems that the next cookie allocated
after LDGM is " ¬ n", which is installed by MACCEL3.PRG.  So the cookie jar is
being corrupted before that runs.

This is all somewhat speculative - hope it helps,
Roger