Re: [MiNT] 1.17 startup & shutdown issues

on 10/1/10 12:06 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> Lonny Pursell wrote:
>
>> on 10/1/10 2:32 AM, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

No.  I don't use it.  I use N.Aes.   I recall ozk also fixed his ET6000 Nova
driver.  I don't think he released it though.  Its possible the fix in xaaes
effectively does the same thing, there is no way to know if the end user is
using a Nova driver that has been fixed.  I released my version of the
driver, I even use it myself, but no way to know everyone uses it, so the
cache toggling in xaaes likely was a safety net.

The cookie is "hade", but the problem lies in the drivers and there are many
versions of the driver for various machines. Each driver was built
specifically for the hardware it ran on, so looking for the cookie in my
opinion isn't going to help much.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/