Re: [MiNT] Generic tool

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:26:25 , "m0n0" <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Do, 2.12.2010, 17:15 schrieb Peter Slegg:
>
> > I have a created a crude demo, it doesn't actually do anything
> > yet. It just loads an xml file and creates a dialogue with
> > some aes objects on it.
>
> The Exit button is not working correct. ;) What about textboxes and what
> about the layout (columns) of the dialog? I guess the dialog gets quickly
> to large for the screen if you just put the options below the last
> inserted option... You could also add sections to the XML files, and show
> these sections within an select list... - such an tool could also be
> usefull for an installer app,... and it should be able to configure the
> config files within /etc ;)

I am not sure why the Exit doesn't work, the DFRM example I worked from
had a few bugs. I was just looking at it but it's not important for now.

Once I have a simple example working I will add nicer features such
as groups for checkboxes/buttons etc. so that the layout can be made
a bit prettier. I am going to avoid putting any formatting instructions
in the xml, I will put up with a slightly clumsy layout.

Version 2 will, one day, edit config files and save the world ;-)

Peter