Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't respect wind_update?

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 23:28 +0100, Henk Robbers wrote:

Peter Persson wrote:

Is it possible to get any feedback on this topic at all?

Is it supposed to be that way, or is it a bug?

It is definitely a bug.

It has been a long time ago, before 2002, but I still remember
I spent time on the topic.

Something must have been lost since then.

The AES must respect wind_update just like anybody else.

I don't think this is a bug. XaAES runs form_dial()-sessions in a window
without blocking the AES or other applications. I find this feature
extremely useful.

Applications can call wind_update for any reason.
It is mentioned before, if a application already locked the screen,
XaAES behaves in the classical way. Because the AES cant know what is
on the screen after the screen has been locked by a app, it cannot
decide on the redraw mechanisms and it must respect the lock.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers