Re: [MiNT] STAT bits - Ouch!

On 12/8/10 5:09 AM, Alan Hourihane wrote:
To fix this, I'm thinking of adding an additional command to Ssystem()
to tell the kernel to interpret these bits differently. Therefore any
new MiNTlib compiled applications would require a new kernel, and if it
doesn't get it, the application would fail instantly with an appropriate
error message. But existing applications would still work with new or
old kernels.

What do people think about this ?

Alan.
Since I know nothing about this, I'll ask the most obvious question that I'm sure everyone else who knows nothing about this would ask. Why wouldn't we just change to match the established standards?

Thanks,
Mark