Re: [MiNT] Idea for boot sequence

> This is where a bootmanager should give you the choice of  different
> kernels really. Something like SuperBoot or  XBoot.

Yes, SuperBoot & Xboot are great programs. I use Xboot myself.
But they may not be too Mint aware.

To put the records straight, I am not asking for any further enhancement.
I already have my own solution - It's a program that can configure correctly the
Mint environment the way I want it.
(but it's is too geeky)

I have these Mint versions:
1. Mint 1.16
2. Mint 1.17

I use these Mint environment:
1. Mint without SpareMint
2. Mint with SpareMint (good for networking etc)

I also have now the radeon which means, I may want to use it
1.  without radeon - back to Video = 26
2. with radeon  @ 1024x768  (good for text work, fonts not too small)
3. with radeon @ 1280x1024  (good for graphics, see more)

I am using my Falc, suddenly I run into some issues and need to use 030 mode:
1. with 060 CPU
2. with 030 CPU

I am also using following desktop
1. Teradesk
2. Jinnee
3. Thing.

So I need to have 2 x 2 x 3 x 2 x 3 = 72 combinations of profiles in my
Xboot.... Is that possible in Xboot?
SuperBoot... I used that during my STFM days, may be.
72 profiles... a bit far fetched isn't it?

It is not just a matter of choosing the right MINT.PRG in the AUTO.
Some of my requirements need changes in the MINT.CNF (to enable/disable
SpareMint)
as well as XaAES.CNF ( as in desktop & video code ).
The CNF files location also depends on the kernel.

To make matters worst... I have a single ext2 fs for my SpareMint stuff.
There are things there that points back to specific Mint kernel/version.
Xboot have no access to these.

These are really simple requirement... to change desktop, resolutions.... but
gives great pains.