Re: [MiNT] STAT bits - Ouch!

Oh, and the other nice thing is this in our own code for ext2....

# if EXT2_IFSOCK != S_IFSOCK
               if (EXT2_ISSOCK (mode))
               {
                       ptr->mode &= ~EXT2_IFSOCK;
                       ptr->mode |= S_IFSOCK;
               }
# endif

The above is because if you bring in a filesystem from another Linux
machine that uses EXT2 we have to do conversion. Yuck.

It makes sense to move to this "defacto" standard.

No. ext2.xfs is a device driver, subordinate to the kernel. It has to do
as many data conversions as it is necessary for the kernel and (if the
data reaches the apps) applications.

It's actually a performance enhancement by "not" having to do this.

Yes, but the conversion is not very heavy, the entire statement translates to perhaps 8 assembler instructions, not more than 50 CPU clock ticks.

Pozdrawiam
KMK