Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 20:43 +0000, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> The different languages are replaced when reading the resource-file.
> They reside in a separate file (resource-base.rsl) and this has the
> following structure:

This is a good idea :) I do almost exactly the same in Taskbar, all
strings are (optionally) loaded from a separate file. I don't manipulate
the RSC in any other way though, so every translated object would have
to be adjusted to accomodate the longest translated string which makes
the Italian translation a bit of a pain ;)

Also, the original strings in the RSC is used as a key to find the
translated string. This makes it easy to create translations, but if a
string in the RSC is modified all translations must be adapted too.

> The behavior can be controlled by a new app_option rsc_lang (0: no
> action, 1: read if available, else write, 2: always write).

I'm not sure if I understand this. What does "write" mean? Can you post
a part of an actual translation-file?

> Is this of any interest?

Absolutely :)

Jo Even