Re: [MiNT] Where should a user put GEM apps

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 15:41 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:

> Linux has a single big ext2/3/4 partition while most of our systems
> don't.
>
> I don't like the system of dumping everything in one folder and playing
> find the needle.

I could not agree more. My Milan has a boot-partition and a
F32-partition called "Apps". Every app I use has one folder on that
drive. The unix-stuff is located on a big ext2-partition and I don't
have a clue about how it works. I can find and edit stuff in /etc,
everything else I leave alone and hope that rpm knows it's stuff.

Jo Even