Re: [MiNT] Where should a user put GEM apps

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 20:10 +0000, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Works fine from the desktop too. I guess it depends on the shell. And
> > yes - I did try symlinking GEMView to /usr/bin. /usr/bin/gemview starts
> > just fine from Teradesk as well as from the XaAES launcher. Not so good
> > from bash.
>
> There must be something different on your system - I tried again with another
> app (Atari-demo) from /usr/bin with the same result (cannot find rsc), works from teradesk.

Not a problem here. I have several apps symlinked to a single folder and
all of them starts just fine. The symlink is followed every time and
things just works.

I have a plain EasyMiNT-setup, but instead of running init I just run
rc.net from mint.cnf.

Jo Even