Re: [MiNT] Language selection (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] FreeMiNT 1.17.0 Released !)

2011/1/1 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>

I have been thinking about this, and I think that the kernel should be
able to handle at least two independent keyboard tables (primary and
secondary). It should then be possible to switch between these using
Ssystem, which again would make it easy to do this using a hotkey in the
AES.

However, this means that the keyboard.tbl format must be extended to
allow multiple languages.

An easy solution is to use a small GEM-program/accessory to select
language. In effect a GEM-version of swkbd. Would that do?

Jo Even

Not sure. As long as it installs a key combination that allows easy access from within the application it should be alright. For example if I write a text and I use both english and greek words on a text editor I would want to be able to quickly change it.
For the multiple languages issue. If we select an ISO 8 scheme it should be enough to remain on the current scheme since the language is included in the font.

Christos