Re: [MiNT] Fxattr giving wrong date values (was Re: zDesk desktop sources available)

Before we close this, I would like to clarify a concept that I think
isn't clear yet, It's about the not existing creation time in UNIX
file systems.
In the ext2 file system the ctime is not "creation time" but "change
time", this is the time the last change in any attribute of the file
was made (only attributes no content). This explains what Jo was
seeing where Faxttr returned different times for creation(change) and
modification time.

I've done some test under MiNT, If an attribute of a file is changed
in a FAT partition the creation/change time is kept, if it's done in a
ext2 partition the creation/change time is updated.

For more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_times

PS: I went through my Windows and Linux partitions and the situation
where creation/change time is more recent than modify time can be seen
several times.