Re: [MiNT] GCC return register

Am Do, 20.01.2011, 00:14 schrieb Vincent Riviere:
> My question: which solution do we chose ?
>
> - Solution 1 is technically the best, but requires some attention when
> writing software. However, it works fine wh
> Personally, I vote for solution 2. It requires fewer changes, and is
> safer.

Altough it sounds a bit sad that Solution 2 has a little performance
drawback, it sounds nice to mix libs for different m68k types. :) This is
important when you don't want to recompile the libs that you use, just
because to make it useable for the -m68k target that your main() belongs
to.

> We could also recompile GCC 2.95.3 with that little change to keep it
> usable
> with new libraries, if people want to use it.

Yes I think that's important. ;) Or maybe there should be something like
an version for sparemint, and then you could say "since sparemint version
1.xy support for gcc 2.95 was dropped."

Greets,