Re: [MiNT] Packages needing rebuild for SpareMiNT???

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:45:14 , Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> wrote:
> m0n0 wrote:
> > the PureC Version with Debug Symbols included ist 785kb.
>
> Pure C usually produces much smaller executables.
> Not because GCC produces poor code, but because the Pure C libraries are
> lot more compact than the MiNTLib an other GCC stuff.
>
> > Maybe the size gain is because of the debug symbols are missing in
> > mintlib? As far as I followed the thread, lib_g was removed, right?
>
> libc_g.a has not been removed yet.
> Again, comparing the size of executables with debug symbols is a nonsense
> .

I didn't get chance to investigate further because Thing crashed and
then the whole machine locked up.

When I restarted my Thing settings were mangled. All the window and
icon settings had gine because thing.inf was empty.

I stripped the binaries:

highwire.ap3  630,174  old gcc4
highwire.app  675,305  new gcc4

I had also updated the other rpm stuff from Keith. It must
be something different in the debug symbols.

Regards,

Peter