Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.5.2 and binutils 2.21 available for m68k

Hi,

On keskiviikko 02 helmikuu 2011, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > If you disassemble the instrumented code, do you see calls to C-library
> > profiling function on every function entry point?
>
> Yes, there are calls to mcount().

Ok, so the instrumentation apparently worked and as you got gmon.out
file which to process, the gmon init & exit i.e. opening & saving of
the data works, at least to some extent.

I guess next suspects would be what the C-library mcount() etc functions
do, is the collected data saved correctly and whether gprof actually can
read the data correctly...

Maybe you could check whether gcov works any better?
I.e. Are both of gprof & gcov broken or only one of them...

	- Eero

PS.  I just tested gprof quickly on Linux and on short run going through
the program mainloop and exiting on user input, it didn't produce any data.
I had to use the program a bit more to get any data.