Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

Le 13/03/2011 18:41, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
It looks like only the kernel itself and xaaes.km is built for Coldfire.

Today I have also tried to compile the CVS FreeMiNT for ColdFire. I mean the
hybrid version currently in the official repository, to be run on FireTOS (with 680x0 emulation).

I got some success, but not enough.

When for some reason the kernel starts MiS (its internal shell), I see the
command prompt then FireTOS crashes in an endless loop.

I also managed to run the old MyAES setup from Olivier (which runs fine with
an old FreeMiNT 1.16), it starts up to the desktop then FireTOS crashes in
another way.

I have built the kernel with:
cd sys
make kernel=col

I have also built ext2.xfs, it is successfully loaded by the kernel but I
can't know if it is usable or not:
cd sys/xfs/ext2fs
make CPU=v4e

The make-files are too complex for my feeble skills, would it be possible
for someone more skilled than me to fix this?

Yes, the Makefiles are over-complex. It is a piece of cake to compile
standard software for ColdFire, you just have to change the CFLAGS. But in
FreeMiNT sources, there are a lot of hacks changing the CPU type in various
sources and makefiles... Sure, that would require simplifications.

--
Vincent Rivière