Re: [MiNT] trunk 1-18-cur

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:30:17 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 12.04.2011, 21:39 Uhr, schrieb Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:
>
> >> I think that would need to be done in mint, not xaaes
> >>

> > Why would you need the kernel to start an app like a shell ?
>
> Because there are other INIT-clients that could fail than XaAES.
>
> But I guess it's easier to do this in xaloader, and maybe in the kernel
> later.

Maybe I don't understand but at the moment xaloader says -
can't find xaaes060.km press any key to continue.

If a key is pressed it just repeats the above. Would it not
be better for xaloader to call a shell at that point ?
Where do other init clients come into the problem of xaloader
not finding it's km ?

> Peter: Do you know the xaloader-pid now?

The problem is that it doesn't run for very long before it crashes.
Do you want to know the pid when xaloader is started from sh or when
init starts it directly ?

It even crashed when I did ctrl-alt-L

> I could also imagine to add a optional arg for xaloader, e.g. xaloader -f
> [fallback-shell]

Does xaloader know where it was started from ?

Peter