[MiNT] Compiling curl for fireTOS under Freemint with GCC

Hello guys,

this was my first try to compile libcurl for fireTOS. There are 2 BSD socket interfaces within the tos_drivers.lzh
one is within drivers/lwip/sockets.h the other one is within drivers/includes/socket.h,...

the first one (
drivers/lwip/sockets.h) defines the BSD interface like this:
#define connect lwip_connect()

the second one defines it like this:
#define connect psc->connect()

configure fails because psc is not declared...

This is just the first error and I wanted to ask for advise, before continuing this...
currently I'm running curl configure like this:

CFLAGS="-I/path/to/firetos/lwip" ./configure

probably this won't be enough, because curl also includes a lot of other networking specific includes (tcp.h, netdb.h etc. )
however, it recognizes the new socket functions. My questions: is it ok to use the lwip_xxx function from an user application, or does it require superuser mode or something? Is it better to use the psc->function() and deal with it? If so, what would you do to make psc an known and typesafe symbol for the configtest.c file?

Probably I will also compile c-ares, so I can remove configures check fo netdb.h ... however, this has to be done another day :)

Greets & thanks for reading,