Re: [MiNT] Coding style. Calling functions

David Gálvez wrote:
I found another one, calling functions like this:

kmalloc (xxxx);
http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/cmdline.c?rev=1.9&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

or like this

kmalloc(xxxx);
http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/cnf.c?rev=1.32&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

with and without space between name and "(".

When I patch some existing code, I look around and use the same style for the added or changed lines. I believe this is the right thing to do.

For new files, I use the project's coding style rules, usually by looking at other sources. If there are no rules, personally I prefer writing kmalloc(xxxx) but I don't mind.

Serious projects use code reformatting tools configured in the same way for all the members of the team. Every developer must manually or automatically run such tool before committing. So anyone can write code using his habits, and can concentrate on his important work instead of automatable details.

--
Vincent Rivière