Re: [MiNT] FireBee & Freemint

"The "video" setting in xaaes.cnf works differently from any other Atari, maybe with the exception of Falcons with CT60, CTPCI and a Radeon-card fitted. It's easiest just to take the videomode from [newdesk.inf]. Save the desktop in the resolution you want to use. Load newdesk.inf into a text-editor and locate the line starting with #El This line contains a number of hexadecimal numbers. Numbers five and six (counting from 1) is the videmode. So if these numbers are e.g. 40 and 4f, the XaAES videomode is 0x404f."

Unless I'm seriously wrong, you might want to tweak the wording a bit, since this is how it works on all (real) Ataris; you either supply a video mode number (ST/STE/TT/Falcon) or a modecode (Falcon/CTPCI/SuperVidel)). Modecodes & mode numbers are afaik well documented (toshyp, Atari Compendium etc), but perhaps the wiki could contain a list of the modecode bits and their meaning.

Clones (i.e. non-Ataris )or machines w. other graphics cards doesn't use mode codes nor mode numbers, naturally. The Hades doesn't even contain a proper low level graphics API to begin with, and all that is completely wonky when using graphics cards.

-- PeP