Re: [MiNT] SV: Trying to setup MiNT at my Hades

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 13:56 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:
>> Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>> > Indeed it ends up in starting the internal shell when mint.cnf has Apple-endings.
>>
>> So the kernel has very poor text file support and should be fixed to
>> allow Apple illness.
>
> Why? The config-file should be cured from Apple illness. MiNT is a
> TOS-replacement, and in the TOS and DOS world lines are not terminated
> with a single lf.
>
> Jo Even

unlike linux ...

I think maybe Vincent meant load_config() in this instance. What else
is in the kernel that deals with text + eol terminators? Except maybe
the internal shell..

Note on a fixed load_config(), this would automatically fix any apps
that use it too (like XaAES)

Paul