Re: [MiNT] stack overflow/stack underflow

Am 17.04.2011, 16:04 Uhr, schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
did anybody ever see one of stack overflow/stack underflow - messages?

No.

Usually, when there is a stack overflow, the program crashes, sometimes the OS, too.

Which component is supposed to report those messages ?

I've asked because I've never seen this in real life.

Now I've tried to run the papyrus5-demo, and after fixing a first XaAES-bug, I ran into this:

17:01:16: pid 10 (papyrus): sendsig:stack overflow: new=122922E cur=2620678 call=2620004 newcur=122937A

I changed the message in the kernel (arch/sig_mach.c#145):

ALERT("sendsig:stack overflow: new=%lx cur=%lx call=%lx newcur=%lx", newstack, curproc->stack, call, &newcurrent);

The values do not point to an overflow but rather a mixup of different stacks. I don't know where this comes from.

I hacked my kernel to just ignore this error and everything works fine. Apart from the alerts it behaves like under MyAES now.

But it would be nice to have a clean solution. It could have something to do with USERDEFS, but I'm actually clueless.

--
Helmut Karlowski