[MiNT] SV: SV: SV: FreeMiNT binaries and CPU specific versions

That's not a kernel issue, but a installation issue. When you've installed e.g. Ubuntu on your Dell, that disk won't boot on your HP. Same with MiNT, if you want the same archive for all 060-based machines, the installer or user must also take care of installing the correct device drivers. This is not a problem if you have one archive per architecture (*), an installer would "just" have to take care of keeping settings from previous set-ups.

Jo Even

* XIFs excepted. There is no practical way for an installer to detect optional hardware. Maybe the XIFs could be extended to probe for the supported hardware?

Jo Even