Re: [MiNT] mintv4e.prg not starting on FireBee

Hello,

2011/7/20 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>
I have just replaced mintv4e.prg in my FireBee's MiNT setup with the one found in trunk-20072011.tar.bz2, and it works perfectly. No trouble.
That's good to know, so it's definitely some problem in my setup or my FireBee.

Be sure you don't have any filesystem of file corruption. If you have any doubt, check your filesystem on another computer (I use chkdsk on Windows), remove all the files, and copy the whole MiNT setup from a safe location.
Yes, to make sure there are no corruptions I completely partitioned and reformated the CF card. I used two different CF cards and one SD card. Always with the same result. Your kernel dated 12th works well including serial ouput, but the trunk kernels fail to boot. My C: partition is between 100MB and 245MB but as you described there are still a lot of file system corruptions occurring.

For information, I send you the MINT.INI I use on my FireBee. It has DEBUG_LEVEL=2 to avoid all that debug output when there is no MINT.INI. DEBUG_DEVNO=8 to send debug output to the ColdFire serial port with my hacked debug.c, will be harmless on stock kernel. And INI_SAVE=NO do avoid filesystem corruption when I play with the boot menu.

You can sefely put that MINT.INI into your \mint\1-18-cur folder.
I'll try that tomorrow.

Also, one difference could be the FireTOS version. I use the latest beta from Didier.
That's currently my best guess. My FireBee runs Boot and TOS drivers dated 21st of June. So I think I should update to the latest version.

Kind regards and thanks for your help,
Heinz Schmidt