Re: [MiNT] force screen redraw in GEM/XAAES

3 aug 2011 kl. 23.33 skrev Peter Slegg:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 22:01:36 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 21:54 +0200, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know any. But opening a full-screen-sized window and closing it
>>> should do the same.

form_dial() is faster, since nothing is drawn. It can't however redraw the menubar. There are two ways to fix that:

1. Copy the menu-bar portion of the screen just after you lock the screen & go fullscreen. Restore that area prior to unlocking the screen again.
2. Install your own menu bar & remove it again before program exit.

On the ST/STE/TT/Falcon, this stuff isn't a big deal since they have a low level API which caters for this stuff without involving the AES. You still have to worry about application focus etc, but it's not as messy as it is on the Hades/Milan/Aranym/whatever.

-- PeP