Re: [MiNT] floppy & syslogd

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:00:43 +0200, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> I just tried that gentoo version and it behaves the same as the sparemint one.
>
> I even tried killing syslogd and it wouldn't let me format a floppy when I
> am sure it worked before.

What's the tool you are using to format the floppy ? Maybe it's that
that has the problem.

I tried mkfatfs again.

bash-2.05a# mkfatfs a:
mkfatfs 0.26, 2002-09-19 for TOS and DOS FAT/FAT32-FS
Found XHDI level 1.30.

mkfatfs: Can't lock A:

and even after I killed syslogd it is till locked.

But mkfatfs works before syslogd is started? Dlock() will tell you which process holds a lock on the floppy. Maybe you can try the following little program:

#include <tos.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void maint(void)
{
	printf("Dlock() returns: %d\n", Dlock(3, 0));
}

This is from memory, so I can't guarantee that it compiles ;) But the idea is that Dlock() returns the PID of the process that locks drive 0 (A) if it's already locked.

Jo Even