Re: [MiNT] Background image

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 21:31 +0200, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a background image but I hope the
> > current implementation is temporary. There are already too many
>
> No - I'm completely happy with the current way.

That's a bit worrying, as this is probably the least user-friendly
configuration style I've ever seen ;)

> > impossible-to-remember key-combinations. A setting in xaaes.cnf would be
> > much better.
>
> Too many config-variables ...

No, too few. But too many hotkeys.

> The shortcuts can be viewed with Ctrl-Alt-Help :-)

Yes, by another shortcut. Keyboard shortcuts are great, but...

a) Only when they're not the only option.
b) You remember them. And you only remember them when you use them
often, like ctrl+c/v.
c) See a and b. As the shortcut will be forgotten, make sure that the
functionality is still easily available.
d) The fact is that most people don't use shortcuts.

Jo Even