Re: [MiNT] XaAES: Chaos in gradients

Am 01.09.2011, 22:33 Uhr, schrieb m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net>:

Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2011, 22:18 +0200 schrieb "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:
I've been playing a bit with the gradients in XaAES to give them more spice.

With little effort I got something like here:

http://home.arcor.de/zabruder/images/NAME.html

I'm not sure if people want this, or if I'd better do this privately
or if  I'm going mad ;)

I'm not sure if they really should look that psychedelic? To me it looks like wrong colors. I probably would prefer it more to set an

Intentionally wrong! I use it as background on windows, but tastes may differ :)

 custom background image for xaaes...

Send me a patch ;)

It would be quite easy if the desktop would not draw a background of any kind, e.g. teradesk uses the VDI to draw a background-bar. I don't know how to avoid this.

I plan to allow any program to draw the root-window, but the desktop would hide it (or it's icons would be hidden).

--
Helmut Karlowski