Re: [MiNT] Question about memory under MagiC

on 10/23/11 2:10 AM, Jean-François Lemaire wrote:

>> Be sure to strip off the extra MP and ram type bits before passing values
>> to mxalloc() in magic.  You would think it would ignore them, but no it
>> makes magic at strange.
>
> I'm simply doing "Mxalloc(size, MX_PREFTTRAM);" for MagiC. Do you mean to say
> that the MX_PREFTTRAM bit might be too much for MagiC?

I meant the protection type, global, readable, etc. Whatever aspects of mint
that magic does not support from mxalloc(), be sure to drop those bits.  I
recall having unexplained behavior and someone told me to mask off these
bits in magic. Can't remember who it was. Might of been ozk.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/