Re: [MiNT] Invalid S?_MAGIC

Am Samstag, den 15.10.2011, 12:49 +0200 schrieb Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>:

Imo that user friendly solution is to run without memory protection.

I believe mostly the problem is caused by the various GEM messaging protocols (like AV or such). Once you found the place where texel malloc memory which is passed around to other apps, how hard would it be to patch the malloc for the protocol memory? Maybe just patching a flag parameter on the stack? I don't know how mxAlloc is implemented and how good it can injected into an existing binary...

I believe it shouldn't cause MP faults when it would have allocated memory by using something like MxAlloc( MX_GLOBAL ) .
Should be possible to patch, I mean, in theory ;)

Greets,