Re: [MiNT] Xaaes Snap

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:57:18 -0500, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:

> on 12/17/11 11:23 AM, Jean-François Lemaire wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 17 December 2011 15:41:01 Peter Slegg wrote:
> >
> >> You seem reluctant to accept any suggestions that might be helpful
> >> to users.
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, xaaesnap.prg was written by Lonny Pursell in GFA Bas
> ic. I
> > don't see what Helmut can do about it. He quite possibly doesn't know GFA
>  and
> > the sources are not available anyway. You should direct your suggestions
> > Lonny.
>
> You are correct.  Ozk wanted the screen snapshot to be modular and not
> locked into any one format. I wrote the snapshot tool at his request.  If
> someone wants to write a better one, go for it.
>
> I don't think he wrote a document how the screen snapshot protocol works.
> The protocol is in the CVS sources. :)
>

> Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/

I had an idea and wanted to share it. I didn't know who had written
xaaes-snap although I suspected Lonny because he had done the
Milan-snap screenshot app. Both are excellent.

As a developer I never take suggestions of improvements as criticism
although I've worked with lots who do. Sometimes even users have
good ideas ;-)

Xaaes snap works perfectly but having the checkbox option of starting
your default image viewer or editor would IMHO make it more powerful.

For instance you could snap the screen and have Photoline automatically
start up and open the image file. You could then annotate the
image and save it.

Useful ?

Regards,

Peter