Re: [MiNT] GEMClip 1.0, a clipboard manager

On Monday 26 December 2011 18:47:06 Gerhard Stoll wrote:
> > GEMClip, a clipboard manager for FreeMiNT and MagiC
>
> What I saw that you use Ssystem() to test of MiNT. This is not the
> best way, because I use FreeMiNT and N.AES, but N.AES have no
> window menu. I also wrote a program for me that install Ssystem on
> MagiC.
>
> For the test if XaAES present you can use appl_getinfo_str (
> AES_VERSION, ... ). You must use the extend version from
> appl_getinfo, because with the normal function you get only the
> version number from the AES.
> For earlier version from XaAES you must use appl_getinfo ( 22358,
> ..).

Thanks for the info, Gerhard. I must admit that I tend not to spend much time
testing for the available features of different systems. To be honest, I
thought at first that window menus were a feature of AES 4.x. It is only when
I tested the program under MyAES that I found out it was an XaAES exclusivity.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire