Re: [MiNT] Network tools

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:38:20 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 17:08 +0000, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
>
> > But you can't configure wireless with our current ifconfig and, from those links above,
>
> That's not because of ifconfig, but because of the lack of drivers.

It is due to both the drivers and ifconfig. If you follow the links you
will see that ifconfig can be used to set-up the wifi.

> > Since our tools are 10 years old it is probably worth re-doing them in any case.
>
> The tools are fine and does what's expected of them.

I think everything needs a re-build at the very least.

Amusingly on the old c.s.a.st thread the response was that there is
no point in a wireless driver because there are no tools to configure it.

Now the response is the reverse.

:-)

Building newer tools with more capabilities can only open up new opportunities
not reduce them. Staying still isn't an option either.

Peter