Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Am Sonntag, den 08.01.2012, 19:23 +0100 schrieb Heinz Schmidt <heinz.schmidt.atari@googlemail.com>:

Using lpd and NVDI I can generally print over the network but I
noticed, that printing does not start automatically I allways have to
restart lpd. Then all queued print jobs are printed ... but next time
I print something, lpd has to be stopped / started again.

Did you try to tell lpd that it should print exiting jobs? There is an command for that,
I just found it in the sources:

 * lpd -- line printer daemon.
 *
 * Listen for a connection and perform the requested operation.
 * Operations are:
 *	\1printer\n
 *		check the queue for jobs and print any found.

Greets,