Re: [MiNT] GCC build problems

On 30/01/12 17:06, Alan Hourihane wrote:
Hi Vincent,

I've noticed a problem with building GCC.

Currently the build will try to compile libraries for m68000, m68020-60, m5475 and mshort.

The problem is with m5475. The "configure" and detection process is completely broken if you do that on standard Atari hardware. i.e. m68k. The configure process will try to build test programs and they start to fail in obscure ways on m68k when built with m5475 as the CPU target.

We should only build the m5475 target if on a coldfire CPU, and vice versa. i.e. not building the m68k targets when on a coldfire CPU.

Or is there an alternative solution ?

I guess one other is a real cross-compiler for building between the architectures.

Alan.