Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Hi,
> I tried that over Xmas last year ( sounds like long time ago LOL ) to my Win 7 system
> It's broken... or rather Win 7 broke our version of Samba.
> I check the Samba forums and plenty of people having issues with Win 7 until they had a patch for it.
> But our Samba.... no one patching it.

I think since Windows 2003 & Vista (maby XP + Service Pack as well) Windows does no longer accept passwords beeing send unencrypted when authentication on a share. But our ould Samba version is not able to handle the new secure authentication machanism.

So I guess it would work if the printer is handeled by a Windows 2000 system. Alternatively It's possible to reconfigure Windows to accept the old / unsecure authentication. But this is not really a good idea.

Porting a recent Samba version would be a good solution ;-)

However now when I did gain a good understanding how lpd works, it like it. It's simple an small and thus a good choice for our slower hardware. Also it feels like I'm sooooo close to get it running ... just fix the socket problem ...

Heinz