Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM, <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
I did a brief test last week. I set NVDI to use /dev/lp in the print to file
option.

Printed from Papyrus and Texel. The busy bee appeared for a minute or two but
nothing printed.

Does lp.xdd have to be set-up in some way ?

That's what I was asking myself as well. I've not yet found any information just that lp.xdd is a buffered centronix driver ... what ever this means. To me it sounds like a driver for prarallel printers. So it might be the reason for my problem described yesterday.

Since lp.xdd provides /dev/lp and I set the lpd device to /dev/lp as well in the /etc/printcap, both might interfere. I'll check that tonight, when I'm back home.

Heinz