Re: [MiNT] Update Sparemint system with Gentoo - how?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:44:03 +0100, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

Anyone else who installs GentooMiNT - please add observations to
pre-lim doc - then we can get a proper doc out and get the "sample
distro" updated - ie some people say they cant find init.. - so doc
needs some other info (maybe Atari specific?)

Yeah, I'd be interested in any feedback. But I do need to get the sample
distro updated.

I have installed the sample distribution on my Firebee. But I don't use any init-scipts (or init at all). I only needed the fileutils, so Gentoo is slightly overkill in my case ;)

I stole the tools I needed and put them in a tar-archive which is unpacked to /ram at each boot. So now I have a small and fast setup with just the tools I need. When Alan provides a distro compiled for Coldfire I will repeat this process.

Jo Even