Re: [MiNT] XaAES language detection via appl_getinfo()

Am 21.01.2012, 07:31 Uhr, schrieb Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be>:

Hello,

I noticed a difference between the last XaAES version and previous betas and
also the latest official release in the detection of the language. In a
nutshell, it doesn't seem to differentiate between the keyboard map and the actual language. For example, on my Falcon, my keyboard is set to France, but
the language to English.

Therefore, Getcookie(C__AKP,...) yields AESLANG_FRENCH, which is correct, but
appl_getinfo(AES_LANGUAGE,...) also yields AESLANG_FRENCH, which is not,
unless I'm very much mistaken. In previous XaAES versions, appl_getinfo()
yielded AESLANG_ENGLISH correctly.

Did you try another language than English? I have keyboard ge, and tried with lang=en and lang=fr in xaaes.cnf. Sysinfo shows French correct, but nothing for English.

Maybe only English is broken.

I suspect this is related to the new multilingual features of XaAES but what
do I know...

What does anyone know? ;-)

--
Helmut Karlowski