Re: [MiNT] Fwd: Re: marathon,was:Egale

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:55:39 +0100, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

The AES must treat calls from a SLB function as if they're coming from the process that's calling this SLB function. If not, then SLB's can't work as
intended.

So the AES should test for every trap if it comes from an slb, and if so use the callers apid? I guess it's easier and much cleaner to implement a proper interface in the slb (like other libs do).

Again, I don't understand what you mean. Andreas Kromke say this about SLB functions:

"It is executed in the context of the caller, and actually with the stack of the caller (depending on status usp or ssp)."

So the AES shouldn't have to worry about this at all - the call would be coming from the calling process and NOT the SLB process. If it doesn't, then MiNT's implementation of SLB is not correct.

If the Draconis mailer calls appl_init() twice (once in it's own code and once by calling a SLB function) it should have the same effect as calling appl_init() twice from it's own code.

Jo Even