Re: [MiNT] lsocket

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:43:28 , Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/27/12 15:25, m0n0 wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 27.03.2012, 16:14 +0200 schrieb
> > p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk:
> >
> >> That explains it. Is this just a Mint change or do most distributions
> >> not have a separate
> >> libsocket anymore ?
> >
> > Did any linux distribution had an external libsocket at any time? I
> > doubt that :)
> >

> Yeah, I don't think Linux did, but some BSD derivatives did.
>
> Alan.

I re-did the configure and then remembered I had to add lz but it
didn't work via configure, I must be doing it wrong, so I hacked
the makefile for now.

It all built but won't sync with the Palm Treo.

bash-2.05a# ./pilot-xfer -b ~/backup/

   Listening for incoming connection on /dev/ttyS3... connected!

   Error read system info on /dev/ttyS3

Using the old sparemint version it works ok, so I can eliminate any
hardware issues.

bash-2.05a# /n/usr/bin/pilot-xfer -b ~/backup
Waiting for connection on /dev/ttyS3 (press the HotSync button now)...
Connected
Backing up '/home/backup/rtplan1115.pdb'... OK
Backing up '/home/backup/rtplan65.pdb'... OK
Backing up '/home/backup/rtplan715.pdb'... OK
etc.

On bsd/linux the fix always pointed at the kernel so I was going to
try strace to see what was happening.

http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/FreeMiNT_1.16.0_readme

Is there an strace binary for Mint ?

Regards,