Re: [MiNT] Various problems in 1-18-cur

On Sunday 11 March 2012 14:15:38 Ekkehard Flessa wrote:

> HK>That's intentional and since quite long in XaAES.
>
> This breaks old programs and is one of the reasons I don't like
> XaAES :-(

Be fair. You can't expect a 20 years old (when was the last release of Gemini,
1990?) program to run like new on a currently developed OS. What is the point
of using such a limited desktop as Gemini, anyway? You like it? Great! Just
use it on a system on which it is known to run.

The XaAES developers have done over the years a tremendous amount of work to
make it support most applications specifically developed for MagiC, plus a
bunch of badly written but important applications. It has to stop somewhere.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire