Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't deliver button events with evnt_multi()

Eero Tamminen wrote:

Eero Tamminen wrote:

> popular Linux distros, Ubuntu, puts nowadays the application menus on top.
>
> Except for that particular feature, you can even test that Ubuntu UI online
> in a browser a bit:
> 	http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/en/

I'll have a look.

> > I could imagine adding the menubar-option to app-options (sould be easy)
> > - and also exporting the app-options to the application, so it can set
> > them itself (maybe not so easy).
>
> Why not window WM_FULLSCREEN option?

Would also be little effort I guess, in case the menu is not set to be
permanently on. But what if the user accidentally starts your app and
don't know how to exit it, and also only can communicate with the mouse
to the computer? I won't be responsible for losing life-savind data.

> Fullscreen is a window properly, not menubar a properly.

The menubar is a also window, when set switchable, so this is no difference.

> App might even have some windows that are fullscreen (image viewing
> window) and some which aren't (image info window).

The only change would be to let a window override the menubar wich is already possible with

menu_ontop=0

but it will reappear after some time.

> I'm not completely sure what should happen if fullscreen window isn't
> the one on top, but you could either:
> - make WM_FULLSCREEN window hidden when it's not the topmost one, or
> - just other windows and menubar on top of it based on the stacking
>   order and with the implied clipping.  E.g. desktop is typically
>   something like that on the bottom of the stack

> As it comes to fullscreen windows, as long as user can switch to another
> window/application (for which AES would then enable menu and show
> the windows if that window isn't in fullscreen) everything is fine
> from the user perspective.

As long as he knows how to use the keyboard.

-Helmut