Re: [MiNT] XaAES, TosWin2 closed and wrong active window

On Sun, 2012-11-18 at 22:19 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> This is very annoying, the user experience is different when running GEM
> programs or textmode ones.
>
> What can we do?
> Maybe a special case to correctly handle the focus of TosWin2 windows?

The problem is that TosWin2 is just another application, and it's
capable of displaying any number of windows. How should TosWin2 react in
either of the following situations?

1. Run a TOS-program from the desktop. A TosWin2 window will be opened.
Switch to another AES-application (e.g. qed), then back to the TosWin2
window. Now close the TosWin2 window. Which application should now
receive focus? The desktop or the one with the previous top window?
2. Run a TOS-program from the desktop. Run another TOS-application.
There are now two open TosWin2 windows. Close one. Should the focus now
stay with TosWin2 or given to the previously topped application?

It would be much easier if each TosWin2 window was a separate AES client
like the old TosWin ;)

Instead of handling TosWin2 windows as a special case, I suggest adding
an application specific setting that say that when a window is closed,
focus will be given to the previously topped window, regardless of which
application this window belongs to.

Jo Even