Re: [MiNT] XaAES regression in launch()

Hi,

On keskiviikko 21 marraskuu 2012, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 21/11/2012 00:20, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> So, next plans.
> I have no idea about what that swap_in_curproc() is about. I will put
> debug traces there, to try to see what is going wrong, and where that
> damn XBRA could come from.
>
> A memory overwrite somewhere (or stack overflow) is still the most
> probable cause of this trouble.

Btw. Does your GCC version have Atari support for "-fstack-check",
"-fstack-limit-symbol=sym", "-fstack-protector" or "-fmudflap"
options?

If your problem can be reproduced without Firebee & FireTOS, on m68k,
I think it should also be possible to catch stack overflow with Hatari
debugger conditional breakpoints.  If there's some problem with getting
the correct stack value from a7, I can add specific support to Hatari
for getting correct stack pointer value for breakpoints.

(Hatari has support for tracing all OS calls & their values, calls to
symbol addresses loaded to the debugger etc, in case those would also
be useful.  OS call tracing has some gotches on MiNT though, because
it redirects most of them.)

	 - Eero