Re: [MiNT] Country codes

On 03/01/2013 09:44, Gerhard Stoll wrote:
I think we shoulde use the define from EmuTOS, because there was an
offizell relaese from EmuTOS, with these codes.

Thanks for your analysis, Gerhard.

First, I remove the Slovak Republic country code from the problem, because even though there was a define en EmuTOS, it has never been actually used.

So the problem remains only for Greece and Russia.

EmuTOS has been translated to Greek long ago.
It has also been translated to Russian by Dima since EmuTOS 0.8.6 released on 08/11/2011.
Both languages use different country codes than FreeMiNT ones.

As far as I know, FreeMiNT and XaAES defines country codes for Greece and Russia, but then never actually used them?
In that case, I agree with Gerhard:
Since EmuTOS versions have been released with different country codes, and those codes are already used by some software (as said by Dima), we could use the old EmuTOS codes as official ones, and change the FreeMiNT defines.

The would mean:

In EmuTOS:
- Revert my recent changes to match FreeMiNT, and restore the old EmuTOS country codes for Greece and Russia

In FreeMiNT:
Use the EmuTOS country codes. This means
- For Greece, use 18 (instead of 31)
- For Russia, use 19 (instead of 32)
And also, define other country codes for:
- Lituania (currently 18 in FreeMiNT)
- Latvia (currently 19 in FreeMiNT)

Do you agree to those changes?

--