Re: [MiNT] compile error

Am Freitag, den 08.02.2013, 23:08 +0100 schrieb Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire@skynet.be>:

A solution is to build a ColdFire-only GCC, without multilib.
If I'm not wrong, the NetSurf people did that for their autobuild system.

If it can be installed alongside standard GCC I would buy it :-)

Well, when you have an native compiler, you usually dont have the
host-triplet...

the m5475-atari-mint cross compiler for linux is available here:

http://ci.netsurf-browser.org/builds/toolchains/

The multilib feature is not ripped out... it just has an different name, AFAIK.
But of course you can inst. the m68k-atari-toolchain parallel,
and put all coldfire libs to /usr/m5475-atari-mint/lib then. (instead of /usr/m5475-atari-mint/lib/m5475) - this is a requirement of many build-tools (like configure, pkgconfig, libtool) - as long as you are not willing to override defaults.

for sure this can make cross compiling a bit more comfortable, but you still have to
pass -mcpu=5475 into the CFLAGS.

Also it conflicts with the concept of mint's toolchain - at least when you want to provide packages (like rpm) which can be compiled with the native freemint gcc.

Because the native gcc for freemint wants to have coldfire libs under
/usr/lib/m5475.

The netsurf guys think that this is all wrong & fck'd up... (they say the mint-gcc compiler should compile compatible code for m68k AND coldfire as default, just like AHCC can do)...

But this isn't the Philosophy of the freemint community AFAIK where we want optimized
executables every time...

Greets,
Ole