Re: [MiNT] Software packaging (was: opkg / coldmint)

Doesn't it make getting the autobuilder working a lot easier ?
It does.

I thought the whole issue was the dependencies ?
Not really. As I wrote in the email to Mark, you can use the build OS to track dependencies for you. There would be some cases where manual intervention is needed but 90% - 95% would work out of the box.

It's matter of setting up a cross compiler, writing down a few handy scripts, define paths where to download latest sources from and that's it, really. You even don't need to be a programmer to do that, look at the packagers at Debian or Arch, mostly advanced users.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org