Re: [MiNT] mintlib wide character overhaul

Hi,

On perjantai 01 maaliskuu 2013, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> In the latest glibc's we have stdio-common/ and libio/ which need to be
> merged with the existing stdio/ directory in the mintlib, given that
> mintlib is based off of glibc in this area. I'd even go as far as
> replicating the directory structure and then it should be easy enough to
> pull in the other locale/ and wcsmbs/ and wctype/ directories to get
> wide char and full unicode support, obviously including additional
> include file adjustments.

Stdio/printf stuff is one the first things that typically gets pulled
into a binary compiled with MiNTlib, and it makes those binaries huge.

Would inclusion of that new code bloat all *printf() using programs,
or is glibc code more modular so that it might even be smaller than now?

> This isn't a small task though, but glibc does have unit tests for this
> stuff. So as a first hit, it'd be worth dragging those tests over and
> just running them to see where we're at.

Having more automated tests available is always good idea though. :-)

> Is this something you can tackle Jeff ?

	- Eero