Re: [MiNT] mintlib wide character overhaul

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013, Eero Tamminen wrote:

Why Python's regression test failures would be Python's fault and not
the fault of the port and underlying libraries?

Haha, I don't really remember exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that. My guess is I was trying to say that a lot of Python tests will, in fact, fail, but the failures will have little to do with mintlib. One issue with building Python is that, generally speaking, Python assumes shared objects exist on the host for the default build, so there is no end to the failures that will be reported on a MiNT build just because it can't find certain native modules that weren't statically linked into the interpretter.

The fact that the interpretter runs at all is a pretty good initial test.

You could e.g. try whether multibytecodec regression tests pass.

I'll give it a go when I get a chance.

-Jeff

Jeff Armstrong - jba@sdf.lonestar.org